Friday, September 20, 2013

people getin pigs

byron texted me this beauty below dave town made the fin, mino made the board:
jeff sent me the pig below via surfapig@live.comHi Mike,Only ridden her once so far but, I can tell this thing is going to be real FUN !Finally finished the pig I've been working on and thought I'd send ya some photos.Thanks for the inspiration. I don't think I would have made this if it wasn't for all the great info on your site.Cheers and keep mining the stoke my friend, Here's some stats: 9'6", HWS construction, recycled old growth redwood and balsa, double 6oz top - 6oz bottom, RR epoxy, The fin was custom made for this board by Dave @ Warrior Fins ( I added the skull and crossed guitars when I glassed it to the board) , There is also a guitar pic signed by Dick Dale inlayed on the bottom. The asymmetrical deck and bottom  design was something I saw in a Dick Dale PR photo that was dated 1963
Jeff Akers- sonOsea 





the one below is from eden. he sent me the following via surfapig@live.comJust bumped this one out the other week, thought you may enjoy. Eden Saul Dead Kooks Surfboards.


the one below is from scotty. he sent me this via surfapig@live.com: My names Scott and I build boards on the sunshine coast. SLS SURFBOARDS. Your page has a some good inspiration , here's a 9'2 pig a did up for myself. Great pigment with a gel coast red ban. Classic D fin stuck right on the tail. Just thought I'd send u a pic Scotty



No comments:

Post a Comment